You can no longer refute the fact that your legacy systems inadequately support your chief organizational needs. As a result, you decide it’s time to do an overhaul. We know that choosing to migrate from legacy systems—some of which have been supporting companies for 20+ years—is no small decision to make. We’re here to assure you that although this is a critical decision, it doesn’t have to be an anxiety-inducing one. In most instances, a successful legacy modernization project boils down to preparation, strategy, support and having the right mindset before beginning.
If you’re ready to commit to legacy modernization but don’t know where to start, here are a few questions we advise you ask before making the leap:
- Should my applications operate on-premises or in the cloud?
- Should I preserve my legacy systems by integrating them with newer applications?
- Who will support the modernization project through its entire life cycle?
- What will the business outcome be for my new applications and systems?
- What’s my game plan for transitioning business users to the new systems?
- How will legacy modernization impact my company culture?
Although we cannot provide the answers to all of these questions, as a full IT resource we can say that we have worked intimately with numerous organizations to ensure their legacy modernization projects were completed in the most effective way based on their individual needs. If you want to learn more about how a trusted IT vendor can help you address any of the above questions, click here. Otherwise, as a next step, we would suggest exploring any of the below blogs for more information: