For the past 18 years, AAJ has worked hard to give our clients the quality of service they’ve come to expect from our IT experts. What’s more, since 2012 we’ve tried to bring even more value to our clients by providing insightful and educational content in our blogs and webinars.
With the first half of 2015 behind us, we thought it would be helpful to recap some of the top content you may have missed during your busy work days. Here are the top five webinars from the first half of 2015 that you should revisit:
- Effective Data Visualization: The era of big data is upon us, and for many businesses it’s a very confusing next step in their IT department. For some, the idea of big data conjures up images of old Hollywood films in which a mad scientist stands next to a massive super computer that spits out data written on a long reel of paper that most would find unintelligible. However, thanks to advancements in technology, there are effective ways of having your systems visualize that data so almost anyone can point out commonalities and anomalies and most important, make actionable and intelligent decisions based on that information. In this webinar, we explain how understand basic concepts in big data and how to visualize it in order to see real relationships among data points. To learn more, click here.
- Enterprise Mobile Success with Xamarin and IBM: Mobile apps, while not new in the tech world, still present a noticeable learning curve for developers. Not only are developers required to create a concept and then build it for internal or external use, but they also have to manage the apps lifecycle and fine tune them for a multitude of app stores (Microsoft, Android and Apple just to name a few). While this is a grueling process, there are programs available to make it easier and more streamlined, a top program of which is Xamarin. In this webinar, we brought in IBM Senior Product Manager John Phelan and Xamarin Director of Enterprise Mobility Steven Hall, to take you through the difficulties of mobile app creation and show you some ways to develop fully native iOS and Android apps with Xamarin. Click here to learn more.
- How the Internet of Things (IoT) Is Shaping Business Today: The IoT industry is booming, and many experts expect it to reach $7.1 trillion by 2020. However, much confusion remains around the term itself. In short, the IoT refers to the ever-expanding network of unconventional Internet-connected devices. You’ve probably seen examples of IoT devices in your local tech shops, such as smart light bulbs, locks and learning thermostats. And, while IoT is starting to make a breakthrough in consumer marketplaces, it has an even larger potential impact on the business sector. In this webinar, we explain the impact the IoT is having on businesses today, how adopting such technologies can give your enterprise a competitive advantage, and what you’ll need to do to prepare for the IoT when it becomes the new norm and takes the place of legacy technology. Click here to learn more.
- Top SharePoint Templates: SharePoint is a powerful business tool that can allow your organization to streamline collaborative work, analyze big data and effectively visualize it to make more informed business decisions, and give administrators a better pulse on their enterprise. However, SharePoint can also be a bit complicated to traverse if you have little experience with it, especially if your IT department is learning at the same pace. To help, those new to SharePoint can greatly benefit from the use of templates—or preprogrammed settings that can get your system running the way you want it to with little knowledge of the back end. In this webinar we will discuss some of the top SharePoint templates, how they work and why they are affective. Click here to learn more.
- Building Mobile Apps and Websites– Five Basics You Need to Know: If you have a vested interest in the success of your online presence, then you’ve probably been paying close attention to tech headlines concerning Google’s newest algorithm change. With its search engine update, Google has put a new emphasis on mobile, giving mobile-friendly websites the upper hand in ranking results. This algorithm change, however, has sent many enterprises into frenzies, forcing them to update their entire online presences to be in line with Google’s guidelines. In this webinar we will look at the five basic building blocks that can help you create a mobile app or website that won’t soon get lost amongst other search results. Click here to view the webinar on demand.
Webinars are one of the best ways to learn new and important information in the IT industry. While you can view these videos online at any time, keep an eye out for upcoming webinars to take full advantage of our hosts and to have your questions answered. All webinars, including upcoming events, can be found here.